Dynastystory - Maplestory Private Server
Visit http://cloud9city.com Dry herb, wax, and oil vaporizers! Best and lowest prices with free expedited shipping!
Potato's Simple Guide to the Macro Glitch 48427210

Dynastystory - Maplestory Private Server
Visit http://cloud9city.com Dry herb, wax, and oil vaporizers! Best and lowest prices with free expedited shipping!
Potato's Simple Guide to the Macro Glitch 48427210

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Potato13

Potato's Simple Guide to the Macro Glitch
Hello, fellow DynastyStory players. This guide was made to educate you about the amazing macro glitch. I’m not sure whether it should be referred to as a glitch since it’s going to be kept. Anyway, since it has been confirmed that the macro glitch will be kept, I have decided to make a guide to teach new players or those who don’t understand.

What is the macro glitch?

The glitch basically allows a character to use skills of their other characters that have logged on using the same computer. Yes, they can be on a different account.

The Process:

Note: This is assuming you haven't touched macros yet.

1) Go to any character of yours and put any desired skill into a macro and log out. Note: you can do more than one skill at once.

2) Make or go to your next character and add to the macros.

3) Repeat till you have your desired skills all on the macro.

4) Log into the character with all of your macros, and then log out.

5) Log into the character you want all those macros on.

Sounds pretty simple right? Well, that’s not all there is to it. It is very easy to mess up if you don’t follow this rule:

NEVER change the order of the macros while getting skills. Don’t move them at all. Leave them in the order you put them in.

However, if you do change the order, you can still use the macro glitch except the macros will only transfer to new characters and your current ones will get nothing. Know that characters always get the macros of the previously logged in character.

Now suppose you have all your macros and want them to stay and never be replaced by another character's macros. To do that, simply change the order of the macros. Now macros will never transfer over from this character to current characters and these are your macros for good. They can however be transferred to new characters.

Well, that concludes the short guide to the macro feature/glitch. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or ask Potato in-game.

Last edited by Potato13 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 6 times in total

Aaron

Aaron
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Process:
1) Put a skill into a macro and log out.
2) Go to your next character and add to the macros.
3) Repeat till you have your desired skills.
5) Log into the character you want all those macros on

You need more elaboration here. Nice guide though. But hope you do something about ^ before I sticky it.

Sonic

Good Guide, took me a while to figure out how to do it myself. Hopefully this will help out with some of the confusion

Potato13

Aaron wrote:

The Process:

You need more elaboration here. Nice guide though. But hope you do something about ^ before I sticky it.

I fixed up the guide and made it look a little better. And about the process, can tell me exactly what to elaborate on?

Aaron

Aaron
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Potato13 wrote:
Aaron wrote:

The Process:

I fixed up the guide and made it look a little better. And about the process, can tell me exactly what to elaborate on?

Thanks for the changes. But, I dont really understand what you actually mean by "Put a skill into a macro and log out.", "Go to your next character and add to the macros." Do you mean, get all the skills you want into macro? Be more specific. - What character? You name them to be clearer.

Ezio

I've been trying to macro glitch but i can't seem to make it work. I log in to my 1st char which is a sin, and then i put shadow partner in the 1st macro. When i log out and log in to my other char, the macro slot is still empty, there is no shadow partner in it... Any 1 know why? pale

Potato13

Ezio wrote:I've been trying to macro glitch but i can't seem to make it work. I log in to my 1st char which is a sin, and then i put shadow partner in the 1st macro. When i log out and log in to my other char, the macro slot is still empty, there is no shadow partner in it... Any 1 know why? pale

All I can tell you is to try it on a different new character because you probably moved macros around on the character your trying to get the macros on. Also, don't macro job specific things like booster that will make you run out of space later and screw you up when you have to move them. Good luck. Razz

Ezio

Potato13 wrote:
Ezio wrote:I've been trying to macro glitch but i can't seem to make it work. I log in to my 1st char which is a sin, and then i put shadow partner in the 1st macro. When i log out and log in to my other char, the macro slot is still empty, there is no shadow partner in it... Any 1 know why? pale

All I can tell you is to try it on a different new character because you probably moved macros around on the character your trying to get the macros on. Also, don't macro job specific things like booster that will make you run out of space later and screw you up when you have to move them. Good luck. Razz

oh man... i don't feel like restarting my bowman...

Potato13

Ezio wrote:
Potato13 wrote:

oh man... i don't feel like restarting my bowman...

Yeah, unfortunately that's how it is.. Try logging on to the sin, logging out and logging on to the bowman again and that will confirm that you moved the order around on your bowman just make sure once. And unless your bowman is 180+, it shouldn't be too hard to restart Razz

Potato13

Aaron wrote:
Potato13 wrote:
Aaron wrote:

The Process:

Thanks for the changes. But, I dont really understand what you actually mean by "Put a skill into a macro and log out.", "Go to your next character and add to the macros." Do you mean, get all the skills you want into macro? Be more specific. - What character? You name them to be clearer.

Edited with a bit more detail.

Aaron

Aaron
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Do more explaination on step 4 and 5 please. Stickied. Thanks for the contribution!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum